Monday , May 10 2021
Home / Auto News / Vauxhall Astra’s sex appeal

Vauxhall Astra’s sex appeal

The Vauxhall Astra is the best looking car for British men to drive in order to attract women, according to new research.

A study by money saving website revealed the cars that British women find the most attractive when looking for a partner.

The car with the highest number of votes from women was the Vauxhall Astra, followed by the BMW 1 Series and the Audi A3, with most stating that they take note of what car a prospective partner drives, and use it to decide whether their relationship has a future.

A total of 2,787 women were polled, all of whom were 18 and over and currently single.

Initially, respondents were asked to reveal whether or not they judged potential male partners on the kind of vehicle they drive. The vast majority (78%) indicated that yes they did, whilst the remaining 22% said they “did not take it into account”.

Respondents who said that they did judge a prospective male partner on what car they have were asked to reveal why they did so. They were presented with a list of possible answers and were asked to select all that applied to them. The top 5 results were as follows:

  1. A nice car is a sign of wealth/financial security – 56%
  2. Men with nice cars respect themselves, and women, more – 27%
  3. I can tell a man’s personality type by the kind of car he drives – 22%
  4. The kind of car a man drives reflects his maturity levels– 18%
  5. I love cars and like to be with a man who shares my passion – 11%

Following on from this, the same group of respondents were given a wide selection of cars and asked to list which car they found the most attractive for potential male partners to drive. Nearly one in four (24% ) said the Vauxhall Astra was the most attractive car, followed by the BMW 1 Series (19%). The Audi A3 received 14% of votes, followed up the Land Rover Discovery 4 (11%).

Finally, respondents were asked to reveal whether or not they had ever finished with a former partner because of their relationship with a car or their driving behaviour, with more than one in 10 (12%) admitting that they had done so.

About Gareth Herincx

Gareth is a versatile journalist, copywriter and digital editor who's worked across the media in newspapers, magazines, TV, teletext, radio and online. After long stints at the BBC, GMTV and ITV, he now specialises in motoring.

Check Also

Verstappen with the winner's trophy and a Ferrari Trento celebration bottle

First podium of the season for “Ferrari”

Red Bull ace Jos Verstappen’s first win of the year at the chaotic, incident-strewn Emilia …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *