The all-new Kia Sorento has been named the best car in Britain by leading motoring title Carbuyer.
Kia’s seven-seat SUV impressed Carbuyer’s panel of judges with a remarkable blend of space, tech and value for money, which it says combines to form “a versatile SUV that’s nipping at the heels of premium rivals”.
The awards also mark the 10th anniversary of Carbuyer, and to celebrate the Ford Fiesta was announced as the winner of its very special Car of the Decade award.
“This year has been the most challenging that we’ve faced, but we’re continually impressed that car manufacturers have continued to launch models that people really want to buy,” saidf Richard Ingram, editor of Carbuyer.
“The Kia Sorento is the perfect example; a car that offers the style, space and range of engines that means it is the undisputed king of the new-car market.
“For Carbuyer’s Car of the Decade, we looked for a single model that defined the automotive landscape – a car that does exactly what it says on the tin.
“The Ford Fiesta has been the UK’s best-selling car every year since Carbuyer launched and is a byword for British motoring. It’s a brilliant all-rounder and truly deserving of our coveted Car of the Decade trophy.”
Carbuyer Best Car award winners 2021
- Carbuyer Car of the Year: Kia Sorento
- Used Car of the Year, in association with BuyaCar: Vauxhall Astra
- Carbuyer Car of the Decade: Ford Fiesta
- Best City Car: Hyundai i10
- Best Small Car: Renault Clio
- Best Small Family Car: Renault Captur
- Best Family Car: Skoda Octavia
- Best Large Family Car: Kia Sorento
- Best Estate Car: Skoda Octavia Estate
- Best Small Company Car: Mercedes A 250 e
- Best Company Car: Tesla Model 3
- Best Large Company Car: BMW 530e
- Best Sports Car: Mazda MX-5
- Best Convertible: MINI Convertible
- Best Hot Hatchback: Ford Fiesta ST
- Best Pickup: Ford Ranger
- Best Small Electric Car: Renault ZOE
- Best Electric Family Car: Volkswagen ID.3
- Best Large Electric Car Jaguar I-Pace
- Best Hybrid: Toyota Corolla Touring Sports
- Best Plug-in Hybrid: Skoda Superb iV
- Best Large Plug-in Hybrid: BMW X5 xDrive45e
- Best Customer Service: Lexus