The acclaimed Ford Puma has won the overall 2021 Parkers New Car of The Year award – the icing on the cake after sweeping to victory in the hard-fought small family car category.
Ford also took the Van of The Year prize (Ford Transit Custom), while the Ford Ranger scooped the Best Pickup award.
The team at Parkers, the leading new car buying and advice website, said: ‘We love the Puma’s combination of quirky styling, family-friendly practicality and some very thoughtful design and engineering touches. The impending arrival of the ST version adds even more excitement.
‘It was always going to be good to drive as it’s based on the brilliant Fiesta. Adding to that, the Puma is incredibly practical with clever touches like completely flat boot walls, the useful Megabox and a parcel shelf attached to the tailgate where it’s out of the way.”
Other winners at the Parkers New Car Awards 2021 include SEAT, which took home the Best Large Family Car prize and Best Seven-Seater with the Tarraco, and BMW, which won the Best Company Car award for the 330e plug-in hybrid.
Renault also picked up a pair of awards – the Clio was named Best First Car, while the Zoe took the spoils in the new Best Small Electric Car category.
The outgoing Car of The Year – the Tesla Model 3 – won the hotly contested Best Large Electric Car category.
Parkers New Car Awards 2021 winners
- New Car of the Year – Ford Puma
- Best First Car – Renault Clio
- Best Small Family Car – Ford Puma
- Best Medium Family Car – Mercedes-Benz GLB
- Best Large Family Car – SEAT Tarraco
- Best Small Electric Car – Renault Zoe
- Best Large Electric Car – Tesla Model 3
- Best Car for Thrill-Seekers – Porsche Cayman GTS
- Best Car for Sun-Seekers – Mazda MX-5
- Best Off-Roader – Land Rover Defender
- Best Seven-Seater – SEAT Tarraco
- Best Luxury Car – Audi A8
- Best Company Car – BMW 330e
- Best Pickup – Ford Ranger
- Best Small Van – Citroen Berlingo / Peugeot Partner / Toyota Proace City / Vauxhall Combo Cargo
- Best Medium Van – Ford Transit Custom
- Best Large Van – MAN TGE / Volkswagen Crafter
- Best Electrified Van – Citroen e-Dispatch / Peugeot e-Expert / Vauxhall Vivaro-e
- Best New Car Finance – Vauxhall
- Best Used Car – Ford Fiesta